One of the biggest untapped markets in fintech is personal financial advice. It’s also one of the toughest domains to crack. If you’re looking to build a successful career and make a huge impact in the lives of many South Africans, then this is the opportunity you’ve been searching for.
What are we all about?
LifeCheq is a personal finance fintech business operating across South Africa. Our very unique approach to financial advice and our market-leading advice platform has redefined the category. We’re looking to scale our operations significantly in an exciting new chapter.
Our technology touches consumers, financial advisors and large enterprise institutions. The vision for our advice platform is to become one of the most transformative technology platforms in South Africa’s financial services landscape. As part of this journey you will be leading the charge.
If you have strong test automation skills testing web platforms and are looking for the opportunity to join a purpose driven business, then this could be the next role for you! Lifecheq is a Fintech company who is offering. Our teams are cross functional, self-reliant and have end to end responsibility for any product built. We are looking for an experienced tester, who can help us transform our current test approach into an automated solution. You would be the first member of our test team - and there are a lot of opportunities for growth as the test team expands over time.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for owning and facilitating a comprehensive test strategy to ensure that our web applications meet our high standards of quality.
- You will implement new QA processes and standards for both front and back end testing.
- You will analyze requirement documentation and translate this into test plans, test cases and other QA related documentation
- You will execute front and back end test cases (manual testing will be performed where automation is not yet available or possible)
- You will create, maintain, and execute the automated regression test suite for web applications
- You will work with the Engineering Team to continuously improve test coverage to improve the quality of released products.
- You will validate bugs escalated by the support team, to ensure the bug is properly identified and understood.
- You will keep up to date on the latest tools, industry trends and technologies for software testing and put them to good use!
What skills you will bring:
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Engineering,Computer Science related fields OR i IT software tester certificate
- 2+ years’ experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- 5+ years’ experience writing and executing test plans, test cases and other QA related documentation
- 5+ years experience in testing web front end platforms (manual testing).
- 3+ years’ experience in building, and maintaining a test automation suite
- 3+ years’ experience in API testing using postman
- Familiar with at least one UI test simulation tool software (e.g. Testsigma, TestiM, TestComplete, TestCafe etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience in using test automation tools ie: Selenium
- Strong understanding of best practices to design, build and execute unit, functional and integration test cases
- Attention to detail, ability to be flexible in an environment of constant change
Additional Skills and Experience:
- ISTQB certification advantageous
- Experience testing financial service products advantageous (especially experience testing risk products)
What would you be responsible for?
- Identify potential opportunities of saving manual testing efforts by leveraging test automation.
- Proactively engage with Business Analyst, Developers, and Product Manager to identify best test approaches to support testing product functionality and performance.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing all activities regarding automation in the project.
- Diagnose and resolve test issues and advise on enhancements with developers.
- Reporting bugs accurately, concisely and timely follow up to resolution.
- Designing, building and maintaining the automation suite.
- Schedule and participate in internal testing events, collaborate closely with the project team as you develop test plans for new features.