LifeCheq is a fast growing, innovative, fintech company with a team spread across 8 different cities within Africa and Europe. We help clients plan their financial life so they can achieve their most important goals. Our in-house software is key in helping us achieve this, and we are looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our Client-focused team and help us turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients. LifeCheq is in the process of establishing its Product Design function and has big exciting plans for Design and making its products human-centered.
In this role you’ll have an enormous impact as you work to help improve existing workflows and features but you’ll also explore, prototype, and bring to life entirely new experiences to better help individuals realise their financial and life dreams.
To be successful in this role you’ll need strong collaboration skills and a desire to deliver value to customers that strikes a balance between their needs and our business objectives. You’ll do this by working closely with Product and Engineering to research, shape, validate, ship, and iterate on new and existing features continuously.
Day to day you’ll collaborate directly with product managers, engineers, product marketers and other designers and you’ll occasionally work with Customer Service and the Actuarial team for expert input.
- Take ownership of, and collaboratively develop our user personas, user journey maps, and design principles.
- Conduct your own research via a range of techniques such as usability & user testing, guerilla testing, customer interviews or using qualitative or quantitative product data
- Recruit, and coach junior designers
- Initially work as part of an agile team to design features according to our roadmap. As the team grows, there will be a step back, and more will be achieved through your team
- Design mockups, wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and other UX artifacts for web, mobile and tablet
- Work closely with the Product Manager in a cross-functional agile environment
- Help shape, contribute to, and improve our ever evolving Design System.
- Be the voice of our customers and advocate for their needs and abilities.
- Champion UX within the Agile planning process, and ensure that the best solutions are delivered, even in the face of technical constraints
- Stay up-to-date with the latest digital and mobile design best practices and UX trends as well as educate others within the business on the benefits of UX
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a product/UX Designer role
- Outstanding portfolio of design projects
- Solid knowledge of Figma and prototyping tools
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
- Ability to initiate and drive design projects to completion with minimal guidance
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Work from home with regular get-togethers with team members at one of our South African offices
- Medical aid and insurance contribution
- Paid maternity leave
- Optional shares
- Days off for work wellness
- Flexible working hours
- A company that focuses on the result of your work vs. the hours you put in
- An opportunity to work at one of South Africa's leading FinTech start ups, which means, as the company continues to grow, so will you.
This is a permanent, full-time position, but we are also open to candidates that prefer to work on contract.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying